The MasterUpfitter Program
Purpose of the MasterUpfitter Program
The Sprinter and the Metris deliver a solid base for every upfit – and a well-respected brand name. That means the title as a MasterUpfitter is a measurable competitive advantage. The shared desire for utmost customer satisfaction is supported 24/7 by providing each MasterUpfitter with a comprehensive toolbox that includes special access to technical information reserved only for MasterUpfitters, MasterUpfitter logo usage, dedicated engineering support, ship-to3 capabilities and the opportunity to showcase their solutions.
Key Advantages for MasterUpfitters
Dedicated MasterUpfitter Dashboard
MasterUpfitters have special access to the MasterUpfitter Dashboard via a login. From there, in a convenient platform, MasterUpfitters can update and manage their company profiles, upload pictures and brochures, download 3D data, connect to the VIP technical support team, access exclusive content on the Upfitter Portal and enjoy other exclusive benefits reserved only for MasterUpfitters.
VIP technical support
MasterUpfitters are entitled to a dedicated sales engineering team that can help you find answers to your technical questions, anything related to the options/packages of the base vehicle, the interpretation of existing guidelines and even the investigating of additional information required to build safely on Mercedes-Benz Vans and Daimler Vans vehicles.
MasterUpfitter Marketing Tools
The MasterUpfitter receives a certificate and a detailed handbook that are intended to assist in promoting and communicating the advantages of the MasterUpfitter status. The handbook includes the MasterUpfitter logo guidelines and basic vehicle product descriptions for use in all public and internal marketing efforts.
In Addition, an online upfitter profile also offers Mercedes-Benz Vans and Daimler Vans authorized dealers the ability to search for upfit solutions online, MasterUpfitter solutions. The profile can include any number of images, brochures, spec sheets, contact information and other relevant information and it is maintained and updated by the MasterUpfitters themselves.
Prominent features on the Upfitters section of the Mercedes-Benz Vans and Daimler Vans family of websites include Upfitter-specific videos, an image gallery and a searchable MasterUpfitter database open to the public. MasterUpfitters also have the opportunity to participate in corporate sponsored events and tradeshows upon request.
Customer benefits gained from doing business with MasterUpfitters
Master of the Trade3
All MasterUpfitters are experts of their specific trade or specialty. Becoming a MasterUpfitter, involved a commitment to all applicable regulatory and the most up-to-date upfitting standards. By recognizing these experts, or Masters of their trades, customers can reap the benefits of their combined expertise and have a wealth of solutions available for the Sprinter or Metris.
3-year / 36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty
MasterUpfitters agree to match the 3-year / 36k-mile limited warranty which extends to cover components and installations that meet the high-quality standards customers expect from a Sprinter or Metris.1
Special Vehicle Financing Options
In most cases, vans sold by an authorized Mercedes-Benz Vans or Daimler Vans dealer with a solution from a MasterUpfitter are eligible to be structured into the same finance or lease contract as the base vehicle through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.2
Drop-Ship Logistics Program Savings3
Customers can take advantage of having a vehicle customized by a MasterUpfitter included in the typical logistics chain. Both options can save customers time and money. Only MasterUpfitters are eligible to participate in the drop-ship program.345
Downloadable Program OverviewProgram Overview (Mercedez-Benz) Program Overview (Freightliner)
Become a MasterUpfitter
- Basic coverage according to Basic Limited Warranty regulations. Normal maintenance and wear items are excluded.
- Restrictions apply. Actual rates, terms, down payment, advance and program eligibility will be determined by MBFS Credit Team based on vehicle type, contract requested and credit-worthiness of customer.
- Mercedes-Benz Vans and/or Daimler Vans does not approve, test the performance, design or in any way take ownership of the products, upfits and solutions sold by MasterUpfitters.
- MasterUpfitter status is required to be considered for Drop-Ship. Drop-Ship status is at the sole discretion of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC and Daimler Vans USA, LLC.
- Authorized Dealers must select and assign vehicles to the Drop-Ship upfitters
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC and Daimler Vans USA, LLC do in not approve, test the performance, design or in any way take ownership of the products, upfits and solutions sold by MasterUpfitters and Drop-Ship Upfitters.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC and Daimler Vans USA, LLC do not own, manufacture, design, or test the performance of the products, upfits and solutions sold by MasterUpfitters.
- MasterUpfitters are independently owned and operated third-party entities, and not a part of or in any way affiliated with Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC or Daimler Vans USA, LLC.